Enchiladas - Paz Style
Joe typically prefers to use smoked, shredded pork for the meat, but has used a wide variety options. Likewise, the type of bean used isn't super important, so long as the ratio is maintained.Ingredients:
- 1 batch of [Paz Style Mole](https://mastel.org/recipebook/view/5dfe5d547984e)
- 1 bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of pinto beans
- 1 lb of meat (shredded meat or ground)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 plantains, halved, sliced, and fried
- Mozzarella cheese
- ~20 white corn, taco sized tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Combine the meat, beans, onion, bell pepper, and fried plantains.
- Using a cast iron pan, heat each of the tortillas until they're lightly toasted and are warmed. Store in a pancake style stack until ready for the next step.
- Spread a very thin layer of the mole onto the bottom and sides of a 9x13 pan.
- Fill a tortilla with filling and a small layer of cheese, then roll into a closed taco. Place in the pan with the edge down and pressed against an edge of the pan. Continue until the pan is filled.
- Put a very thin layer of mole on top of the rolled enchiladas. It should be enough to impart flavor, but not enough to make the tortillas soggy.
- Place a thin layer of cheese on top of the enchiladas. Do not overly saturate with cheese. This will trap moisture and create soggy tortillas.
- Bake until cheese is melted.