- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper
- 2 cans (15.5oz) red kidney beans, 1 drained, 1 with juices
- 2 cans (9oz) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Cook ground beef, onion, and garlic in a 3 qt pan until beef is brown. Drain fat if necessary.
- Add seasonings and tomatoes.
- Manually break up the tomatoes while bringing to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in the beans. Bring back to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or the desired consistency is reached.