Yields: 1 pie
pie, dessert, atlas
Äppelpaj translates to Apple Pie. This variation is a popular Swedish desert.
This recipe comes from Ari's Sweden Atlas crate.
- 4-5 medium apples.
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- dash of cardamom
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Peel, core, and slice the apples. Then place slices in the pie dish.
- Combine ¼ cup of the sugar, along with the cinnamon and cardamom and sprinkle it over the apples. Gently toss the apples to coat them evenly in sugar and spice.
- Melt the butter and mix in remaining sugar and flour. Mix in the egg.
- Pour the mixture into the pie pan with the apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes.