Black Bean Dip
Yields: 6 Servings
vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free
Omit the cheese garnish for a vegan dip. This dip is gluten free, just serve with gluten free chips/crackers.
- 30 ounces (2 cans) black beans rinsed and drained
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small jalapeño seeds removed and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cotija cheese for garnish, optional
- Put the black beans, onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the black bean dip in a bowl and garnish with cotija cheese, if using. Serve with tortilla chips and/or cut up vegetables.