Garlic Habanero Hot Sauce
Yields: ~ 24 oz
- 6-8 habanero peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 12 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Xanthan gum
- Coat the peppers in oil, then roast in a covered dutch oven, or in your oven on a baking rack at 425F
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a small pot.
- Bring pot to boil and simmer until the garlic and onions have softened.
- Once peppers are roasted, use tongs to transfer them to a cutting board. Cut the stems off and transfer to your still simmering pot.
- Simmer the pot with the peppers for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- If using a blender, pour hot mixture into blender. Right before blending add Xanthan gum and process at a low speed.
- If using an immersion blender (recommended) add xanthan gum in pot and blend in pot.