Mediterranean Bean Salad
Yields: 8 Servings
For the Salad
- 15 ounce can of cannellini beans drained and well rinsed
- 15 ounce can of garbanzo beans chickpeas drained and well rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomato halves
- 2 small Persian cucumbers halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (do not peel)
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup peppadew peppers rough chopped
- ½ cup black olives halved
- ½ cup pimento stuffed green olives halved
- 1 cup assorted colorful bell peppers diced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped marinated artichokes
- about 10 basil leaves shredded
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tbsp red wine vinegar or more to taste
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs I used thyme, oregano, and rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and taste to adjust any of them. Add more vinegar if you want a tangier flavor. Set aside.
- Put the beans in a large salad bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss with a generous amount of the dressing.
- The salad will keep, well covered, for several days in the refrigerator.