Molasses and Coffee Pork Chops
Yields: 4 Pork Chops
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 6-to-8-ounce bone-in pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 6 ounces molasses, by weight (about ½ cup)
- 6 to 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine the coffee, molasses, vinegar, mustard, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, the ginger, thyme and pork chops in a 1-gallon zip-top bag; seal and shake to combine. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat a grill to medium-high. Remove the pork from the bag. Pour the marinade into a saucepan; boil gently over medium-high heat, stirring, until reduced to ½ cup, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove the thyme stems.
Grill the pork chops for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145. Let rest for 5 minutes; serve with the glaze.