Yields: 1 gallon
- 2 cups fruit puree
- 2 cups starter culture and scoby.
- 2-3 tbsp loose-leaf tea
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 cups boiling water
- 8 cups cold water
- Make a tea concentrate by mixing the water, sugar, and tea. Steep for 15 minutes.
- Place the 8 cups of cold water into a gallon sized container.
- Pour strained tea concentrate into the container with 8 cups of cold water.
- Once the tea has dropped to a temperature below 90F, pour in the starter tea and gently place the scoby into jar.
- Store above 65 degrees for 5-7 days until the desired flavor is reached.
- After the tea has fermented to the desired level, place ¼ cup of the fruit puree into each 16oz bottle.