Many people likely have a fond memory of a parent or grandparent who always made a favorite cookie recipe. My mom’s poison cookie recipe certainly fits that role for me; I’d go so far as to say this recipe was my definition of a cookie.
That said, during one of my birthdays we found out the hard way that a friend (who didn’t even know) was allergic to peanuts. To add to my mother’s mortification, the ER staff asked to sample the “poison cookies”... It was years before she made these again.
-- Jacob Mastel
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips (semi sweet)
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, sugars, and vanilla.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour mixture, then peanut butter, and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 375 F for 9-11 minutes