Wake Me Up Coffee Smoothie
Yields: 1 smoothie
Adapted from liveeatlearn
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 serving whey powder (vanilla or unflavored)
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup of ice (optional)
- ½ cup strong coffee (chilled)
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- Put the rolled oats into the blender and pulverize into a fine powder.
- Add whey protein powder, coffee, and milk. Let sit for 2 minutes so the dry ingredients can hydrate. This will keep the smoothie from having a dry/powdery mouth feel.
- Add the frozen banana and blend until smooth. If the smoothie is not thick enough, add ice and blend until smooth.