Vanilla Rolls (Crescents)
For the dough:
- 3 cups flour
- 3 ½ sticks unsalted butter
- ⅔ cups sugar
- ½ ground almonds
For the coating:
- ¼ cup vanilla sugar (preferred)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix the first four ingredients to make a dough. Divide into 4 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a log ¾" thick. Cut ½” long rounds, roll each into a thin log, and shape into a crescent shape.
- Bake at 350°F on a greased cookie sheet until slightly pink.
- Mix the vanilla and sugar together, sugar should still maintain its grainy appearance. While still warm, coat the cookies in a vanilla sugar mixture. A package of vanilla sugar can be found at Russian or German stores if preferred.