Deep Dark Chocolate Cake
This recipe was given to me by my great grandmother and is my go to for a decadent chocolate cake. People have told me they dream about this cake!
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water
- Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except boiling water; beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Remove from mixer, stir in boiling water (batter will be thin).
- Pour into two greased round pans.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.