Chocolate Raspberry Crostata
- 1 ½ cups finely crushed nilla waffers
- 1 ½ cups fresh raspberries
- 1 reciped chocolate pastry cream
- ¼ cup apricot preserves (optional)
- ⅔ cup almonds, finely ground
- ¾ cup butter, melted
Mix the crushed cookie crumbs, almonds, and butter in a large bowl. Press into the bottom and partway up the sides of 9 inch pie plate. Chill in the refrigerator until set, about 2 hours. Spoon the chocolate pastry cream into the crust and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Top with the raspberries. If liked, heat the apricot preserves in a small pan until liquid. Brush the preserves over the raspberries.