Feel free to use whatever vegetables you like here. We like adding broccoli and snow peas. Mom hates bell peppers, so she leaves them out.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1-2 green onions
- ½ tsp ginger
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 9 oz wide egg noodles
- While cooking noodles to package directions, fry chicken in one skillet and vegetables in another.
- Mix cornstarch with cold water and then add to chicken broth, soy sauce, and ginger to make sauce.
- Combine cooked chicken with stir fried veggies and add ½ - ⅔ of the sauce; allow to reduce.
- Add chicken, vegetables, and remaining sauce to drained noodles.
- Keep on heat, reducing sauce until none of it remains loose at the bottom of the pan. Be careful not to overcook the noodles.