- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp plus ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp cornstartch
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup water
- Plum sweet 'n sour sauce
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Mix egg white, ½ tsp salt, sugar and white pepper in a medium bowl; stir in chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate 20 min.
- Mix flour, water, cornstarch, 1 tsp salt, baking soda, almonds and almond extract.
- Stir chicken into batter until well coated.
- Heat oil (1 ½ inches) in wok to 350°F.
- Fry chicken pieces 2 to 3 minutes or until light brown, turning frequently; draining on paper towels.
- Serve with plum sweet 'n sour sauce