Spicy Asian Beef & Snow Pea Soup
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin steak, ¾-inch thick, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick-thin strips (about 1 cup)
- 4 oz fresh snow peas, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced (about ½ cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger root
- 1 can beef broth or 50% less sodium beef broth
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked jasmine rice or Chinese-style noodles
- Season the beef as desired. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned, stirring occasionally. Remove the beef from the skillet.
- Add the carrots, peas, onion, garlic and ginger root to the skillet. Cook until the vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the broth, soy sauce and red pepper into the skillet. Heat to a boil. Return the beef to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes. Season to taste.
- Spoon ⅓ cup rice into each of 6 serving bowls. Divide soup mixture among the bowls.