Zucchini, Black Bean, and Rice Skillet
Yields: 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise, sliced (about 1 ½ cups)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, undrained
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup instant white rice, uncooked
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, onion and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans, undrained tomatoes, water and oregano. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Add rice; stir well. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese.